What can you do with a library card?
- Use it in any of the 21 public libraries in Ulster County
- Reserve materials online and pick up at your local library
- Borrow books and audiobooks
- Borrow DVDs and Blu-Rays
- Access research, learn a language, take classes, get homework help, read an ebook, listen to an audiobook, or get career help all from home using the InfoPortal
- Use the computers available in your local library
- Use the free WiFi at your local library
- Attend any of our programs/events taking place
How do I get a library card?
A free Public Library card is available to anyone with a permanent residence in Ulster County. Just stop at the circulation desk of your local library and present valid photo identification with your current address. If valid photo identification is not available, two forms of i.d. may be required, such as a bill or a report card addressed to you.